Friday, November 15, 2013

Happy Winter Sampler



The very first stamp set I purchased many, many, many years ago was "Happy Winter."  Funny thing is, it's still my favorite stamp set of all time!  I love the snowman, I love the simple tree and the delicate snowflakes, and the greeting is perfect.  This little stamp set has significant meaning to me because it all started here!  I pulled this old stamp set out the other day and felt the urge to make a winter sampler with it.  Here's what I came up with.  Hope you like it!  I will post the recipe soon, but I'm off in a mad dash to the Home for the Holidays Gift Market at the Merrell Center here in Katy, Texas today through Sunday where I have a booth to offer my little Happy Winter sampler for sale.  All I could make were 30 samplers and I hope my little snowmen find good homes!

Okay - the dust has settled, so here's the recipe!

Recipe:

Paper:  Very Vanilla - 8 X 8 - scored at 7" and 7-1/4" inches on all four sides; Silver Glimmer Paper - 5-1/2 X 5-1/2; Soft Sky - 5-1/4 X 5-1/4; Very Vanilla - 5 X 5; Very Vanilla - 4-1/4 X 4-1/4 (this piece is embossed with the Polka Dot Embossing Folder); Silver Glimmer Paper - 3-1/4 X 3-1/4; Very Vanilla - 3 X 3 (this piece is embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder); Very Vanilla - 1-3/8 " squares punched out using the 1-3/8" Square Punch
Stamps:  Happy Winter (retired)
Inks:  Basic Black
Miscellaneous:  1-3/8" Square Punch; Postage Stamp Punch; 1" Square Punch; Stampin' Dimensionals; Sticky Strip; Simply Scored Scoring Tool; Pearl Jewels; Paper Snips; Victoria Lace Trim; Linen Thread; Mini Glue Dots; Vintage Faceted Button; Subtles Button

5 comments:

Mary said...

This is so cute!

TerriLynn said...

I have always loved that stamp set & your card is beautiful. Makes me want to drag my set out & stamp. Great work. Thanks for sharing.

Stampaftersunrise said...

Penny, this is just beautiful... You are my inspiration and now I must go try to create a sampler..but it will never come close to this beauty!

penguinstamper said...

So glad you all like my winter sampler! I absolutely love making samplers. They make beautiful home decor items and will be so much fun to pull out at the right time each year!

StampinPenguin said...

It's great to meet another stamper and penguin lover. My signature is StampinPenguin! ;-)

Sharon