Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Embroidery Fun

Good morning to you!  I've been exploring some new hobbies lately, one of which is embroidery.  I really enjoy it.  I have so much to learn about it, but there's something that draws me to it.  I love that I can say anything I want on an empty canvas and turn it into a pretty picture.  I took a beginner embroidery class at Michael's and it set me on fire.  There are so many things I want to embroider, but it's hard to find the time.  I'll get to it, I just need to be patient!  I really want to get back to my cross-stitching, too.  I'll get there......someday.  Here is the project we made at Michael's in the beginner class that set me on fire.  I couldn't wait to get home because I knew I had the perfect frame for it.  I can't wait to make more!


 

Since I had so much fun making this "amour" picture, I tried to make an embroidered baby picture for a friend whose daughter had a baby girl.  I didn't do the greatest job with it, but I'll get there.  I guess it's true that practice makes perfect.......and I need lots of practice!

 

And here's the baby card I sent along with it.  See?  I really do still stamp and make cards.  LOL!

 
I'll be back soon with some Valentine's Day things I've made!  Have a good day.

No comments: