Sunday, October 10, 2010

Missing Button!

Has this ever happened to you? This past week I've been churning out Christmas cards like crazy trying to decide which ones I would offer for my Jolly Jingle Christmas Card Workshop coming up next month. Over the past week, I've made 46 different Christmas cards! One of the cards called for a big Cherry Cobbler button. Realizing that I couldn't purchase those in bulk for the number of cards being made at my workshop, I resorted to making my own Cherry Cobbler paper button, which is really fun to do! I glued four circles together, ran it through my Big Shot to get texture on the top of the button, punched two holes in it and then threaded Linen Thread through it - just like a button! I then added Crystal Effects all over the top to make it shiny, just like a button, and then set it aside to dry. Well, I got busy making all kinds of other cards and when I looked for my button, IT WAS GONE! I turned my office upside down looking for the silly thing only to find that it was attached to my shorts - Crystal Effects side down, unfortunately, ruining my shorts. I got the biggest chuckle out of this - I amuse myself sometimes - and had to take a picture of it. Pitiful, huh? I was walking all over the place looking for that button and it was attached to me the entire time! Ha! You gotta wonder sometimes!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Button, button, who's got the button...YOU!

Diane Burns said...

That is too funny Penny. I almost forgot about making buttons that way. I will have to try. Do you have any tips for unclogging the nozzle on the Crystal Effects? Mine won't come out because i is clogged?

penguinstamper said...

Hi Diane! I stick a paper clip in mine before it dries to make sure the nozzle stays clear! Try that!

Lizette said...

Penny,
Whenever I need a chuckle, I'm going to picture you tearing the place up looking for a button that is attached to your shorts...LOL