Monday, September 21, 2015

My Long Window

Greetings!  I recently purchased an old window - it's over 100 years old - to hang above the fireplace.  I had originally wanted a door, but my husband wanted a window.  We were lucky enough to find a long window that was sort of like a door - with glass - so we were both happy!  I posted a picture of the window on Facebook right after we purchased it and some of you have asked what the final outcome was, so here it is!  I'm very happy with it.  For 16 years, there was a birdhouse quilt up there that my mom made - and it was beautiful and I absolutely love that quilt, but after 16 years, I was ready for a change.  I'm going to have fun changing out the wreath for all of the seasons and holidays with this window!


Lizette, you were asking about the birdcage.  I've got pumpkins in it right now!

No comments: