Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day Cards and Treat Boxes

Hello!  With everything that's been going on in my life recently, I feared that I would miss out on being able to stamp cute little things for Valentine's Day this year, so I stayed home today and made some cards and treat boxes - and it was a wonderful and quiet "me" day to just enjoy stamping!  There are so many people at The Solana that I would like to thank for all they do each day, so I made 20 little treat boxes filled with chocolates and candy to give to those special people.  I also made a few for my mom, Nan, and Connie - two of my mom's friends there.

I have a die from My Favorite Things - it's a paper bag treat box die - and it came in handy today!  It folds in on the side like a paper bag from the grocery store, so it allows room for candy, but it's not so big that you'll break the bank filling it with candy.  I used designer paper and stamps from Stampin' Up!  I think they turned out really cute!

I also made some Valentine's Day cards for my mom, Haley, and some of my special friends and relatives.  I think this card is to die for.  I copied it from Angela Maine, but used what I had on hand to mimic her card.  I'm totally in love with it.  Although I like the pink, I can only imagine how beautiful it would be to use vanilla ribbon and a vanilla flower.  It would make a gorgeous wedding card - and I'm going to need one of those in April, so I'll try it out then.  The heart is a Sizzix die, the flourish is from Impression Obsession, and the greeting is from Papertrey.  Isn't it fabulous?

Since this card is a bit girly-girl for my husband and son, I made another card for them that is a bit more masculine.  I used my Papertrey stamps for the card below - and I love it, too!  I cased it, of course!  This card is perfect for my son since we have always loved drinking coffee together - especially iced coffee!  A Starbucks gift card is perfect to place inside the card.  I LOVE MY STAMPS AND ALL MY TOYS!  I am one happy gal right now!  Stamping can make you feel that way!


Okay, here's one more that I just HAD to make because it's so cute!  This is a CASE of Maile Belles' card and all of the supplies are from Papertrey.  I'll have to save this card for next year to give my husband!  I feel better now that I got to do some Valentine's Day stamping - now it's on to St. Patrick's Day!  


Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!  May you love and be loved!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Isn't valentine's the best mid-winter pick-me-up? Glad you had fun. Great cards!

Deb said...

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day! Thanks for creating such a great blog!

Chrystyna said...

What are the hearts from? Die or embossing folder? and by whom SU or PTI? email me please, thanks. More lovely cards Penny!!!

pshell said...

cream in my coffee is really clever - very artful - you should sell it!