Wednesday, April 1, 2020

I'm Still Papercrafting!

Greetings, friends!  Are you surprised to hear from me?  I've kind of surprised myself to be making a post this morning; however, with the Coronavirus Pandemic forcing us to stay home and slow down, I realized I had time to post some cards I've been making.  It's carthartic, too, to feel that I can communicate with others while not even leaving home!  So.........how is everyone doing?  The funny thing for me is that while of course I'm troubled by everything that's going on, and it's certainly not a happy time, I am enjoying staying home and embracing a slower pace.  I love that my calendar is completely free of any commitments and that I don't have to go anywhere or do anything.  If something doesn't get taken care of today......well.......there's always tomorrow.  No one is coming over and I don't have to go anywhere - it's freeing to me - and I love the calmness and tranquility.  I do miss going to the grocery store, though, and I look forward to the day that if I decide to bake bread, I can run up to the store and get whatever I need, and that's not the case right now!  ANYWAY, I've been having a great time crafting at home, so I'll share a few of those things.

I purchased a cute die a couple of months ago and just never used it until now.  It's from Paper Smooches.  I'm in love with it.  It is absolutely perfect for the types of cards I like to make.  I love the simpleness, the crispness, the cuteness, and how elegant it is.  I've been going through all of my stamps to see what fits in that little rectangle. It works with so many sentiments.  I have been putting together a family directory for all of my relatives, as well as a birthday list, so I'm going to try my best to send birthday cards to the women in our family.  Sorry to the guys, but masculine cards are just not my forte, unless I find something perfect here pretty soon.  I fussed around with adding rhinestones or pearls to some of the flowers, but I ended up taking them off.  It seems perfect when it's kept simple.

Hope you are all doing great!  It feels nice to post again!



1 comment:

pshell said...

Its elegant plain - good call.